LIVE CHALLENGE WINNERS
1. Mark Steiner (Alien Zoo Audition)
2. Korgy & Bass 3. THE SECRET SEa 4. Bobbie Snakes
Please read the following rules carefully before submitting your entry:
- Pick one of the following 3 musical ideas:
- Download the WAV file, stems, video and/or chord chart for the idea you choose:
Idea 1 download
Idea 2 download
Idea 3 download
- Record a LIVE VIDEO of yourself (or your group) playing, singing or jamming over the tune. You can leave the track as is and simply overdub it, or you can work with the individual stems and create a completely different backing track. Feel free to get as creative as you like, and make the video as long or as short as you wish! Whatever it is you choose to do, it must have a strong LIVE element and the video needs to reflect your performance and clearly show what you're doing. You can name the tune anything (I kept the ideas untitled on purpose).
- Make sure you record the audio in high quality if you have the means to do so. I won't reject a phone microphone recording, but I strongly recommend you record your voice or instrument in studio quality, separate from the source track. If I like your submission, I might ask you for the individual stem for a remix!
Note: I will not use your recording commercially, if I end up creating a remix it will be available as a free download.
- If the original track remains mostly unaltered, it is preferable that you create a split screen or picture-in-picture video where you can see both of us performing simultaneously (similar to what I did with this T-Pain video). If you loop parts of the tune, loop the video with it.
However, if you end up completely changing the source track to the point where it can't be synced to my original video, or you simply don't have video editing software, you can keep it simple.
- Upload your video to the video hosting site of your liking (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) Make sure the video can be watched and shared publicly.
- Share your submission on your social media pages (make sure the posts are public), tag GLASYS (@glasysmusic on Instagram and Twitter, Glasys on Facebook) and add the hashtag #GLASYSLiveChallenge.
- Fill out the submission form.
The deadline for entering the contest is December 16th 2017. You're allowed to submit as many videos as you like. The winners will be announced shortly after.
I will judge every submission and pick the winners myself based on their creativity, musicianship, technical facility and overall musical awesomeness.
Your submission doesn't need to be technically flashy or impressive to win, but it needs to be creative, musical and inspiring!
First place: Brand new Korg Minilogue Polyphonic Analogue Synthesizer.
Second place: Moog MF-108M Cluster Flux (Moogerfooger).
Third and fourth places: Package of goodies from Dave Smith Instruments including a t-shirt, shot glasses and stickers.